when identity disappeares from consciousness / Flow


WHEN EXISTENCE IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
"You are in an ecstatic state to such a point that you feel as though you almost don't exist. I have experienced this time and again. My hand seems devoid of myself, and I have nothing to do with what is happening. I just sit there watching it in a state of awe and wonderment and [the music] just flows out of itself."

How does it feel to be in Flow?

1– Completely involved in what we are doing – focused, concentrated.

2 – A sense of ecstasy – of being outside everyday reality.

3 – Great inner clarity – Knowing what needs to be done, and how well we are doing.

4 – Knowing that the activity is doable – that our skills are adequate to the task.

5 – A sense of serenity – no worries about oneself, and a feeling of growing beyond the boundaries of the ego.

6 – Timelessness – thoroughly focused on the present, hours seem to pass by in minutes.

7 – Intrinsic motivation – whatever produces flow becomes its own reward.

Mais sobre Mihaly Csikszentmihaly

No comments: