Anger is an energy
"This is why I must quit comedy. Because the only way I can tell my truth and put tension in the room, is with anger. And I am angry, and I believe I've got the right to be angry. But what I don't have a right to do is to spread anger. Because anger, much like laughter, can connect a room full of strangers, like nothing else. But anger, even if it's connected to laughter, will not relieve tension, because anger is a tension. It is a toxic, infectious tension. And it knows no other purpose than to spread blind hatred, and I want no part of it because I take my freedom of speech as a responsibility. And just because I can position myself as a victim does not make my anger constructive. It never is constructive. Laughter is not how medicine… Stories hold our cure. Laughter is just the honey that sweetens the bitterness."
Hannah Gadsby, Nanette
Labels: #metoo, Hannah Gadsby, Humor Negro, Patriarcado, Sexualidade, Standup


No comments:
Post a Comment