The Human mind frame / Playing God



Diz Rosalind Picard (que afirma ter sido ateia, agnóstica e agora diz ser cristã):

"I build computers, software agents and I collaborate on building robots. If I were to build some robots, that were like my children, and they would go off to another planet and be autonomous and have agency and have a little bit of experience, so that they don't hurt themselves, right? So you would want them to experience pain so that they don't get injured. I think I would want them to know that they were made by humans. I would think I might want to put something inside them so that, even though they maybe didn't need to communicate with us, they might actually want to communicate with us. I think I might put inside them, maybe, some little program that causes them to want to show an acknowledgement toward what we did into bringing them into being. Why would I want that? I don't know, It's just part of the pleasure of making them and, in a sense, we've kind of made them in our image. So there's an interesting role reversal here. And we think as if why we have this in us. Is this a feeling we can't trust? It is not real. Or maybe it's real, actually, maybe there's something there... And just because we can't explain it with material stuff now, it doesn't mean that there isn't going to be a future explanation that is completely satisfactory as is our scientific explanation now."

No comments: