of giftedness

Aldous e Laura Huxley

  "Aldous, something is wrong, I don't know what, certainly not you. It must be that I am not the type to be married." I took a deep breath. "I believe we should divorce." What pain in pronouncing that word!
   Aldous looked at me with such deep love, with such dissolving tenderness. He took my hand and kissed it. "I caught a nymph," he said. "I must let her go," and released my hand.
   My breath stopped; I burst into tears and fell into his arms.
   "But I don't want to go! I don't want to leave you — it is just this peculiar married life...." I was trying to understand myself — crying — wondering.
   Aldous consoled me, teased and caressed me, and said that I was only half a creature of this world — the other half belonged to some other world; that it was difficult to be both human and a nymph. Maybe I should go away alone for a few days....
Laura Huxley, in This Timeless Moment

No comments: